Wednesday 15 July 2015

Sims Freeplay Long Hair Event Is Back Again!

It's coming back again! For anyone who didn't get the event before or is newer to the game, now's your chance to get 9 new long hairstyles for your Sims. 
The event originally came out back in August 2014 and was released again in March 2015 and it's making a welcome return on Monday 20th July 2015.



For those who don't know what the heck I'm talking about, check out my original Ringlets Of Fire post.

This one definitely requires some perseverance as you have to complete the Fashion Designer hobby collection 9 times to win all the hairstyles.



My tips for collecting all the hairstyles
  • start preparing now - get at least one Sim at level 6 Fashion Designer so it will be easier to fill the grid.  Although I would recommend getting a few up to level 6 to make it easier.
  • During the event use as many Sims as you can to do the Fashion Design hobby.
  • Choose the 'Design Fashion' selection for 10 mins over and over again.
  • Have multiple Fashion Design studios set up in one house.
Good luck! Let me know how you get on.

If you'd like to see all 9 hairstyles you can win click here to see my Long Hair Review

14 comments:

  1. Hi! I just finished the first set of clothes for the Fashion Design hobby. Should I keep going onto the next levels ASAP, or should I wait where I am until the quest starts. Do the hairstyles show up as a new collection to move on to (i.e., if I started the next clothing collection would I have to finish it out before getting to hairstyles)? Or do I need to plow through all clothing collections first? Are you only able to access as many hairstyles as the number of collections you have completed?

    Thanks in advance - newbie here, and your blog has been an amazing help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, sorry for replying to this late and I assume some of your questions have now been answered with the start of the event. I would get at least one Sim up to level 6 and use as many Sims as you can spare to complete the 10 minute option over and over again.
      If you complete the whole clothing collection 3 times you will only have access to 3 of the hairstyles. I've got them all and I'd say they're definitely worth trying your best to complete the whole collection 9 times.

      Delete
    2. Do you know if the event will be coming back? It's now over and I only got 4 out of the 9 hair styles. I really wanted to get all of them but I didn't have enough time. Hopefully it will be back?

      Delete
  2. i have completed 3collection and get no long hair, how to get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have you completed the whole collection or just one row? You have to complete the whole collection. Did you get the pop up about the event?

      Delete
  3. I haven't even had the long hair event show up yet. I've had a few pop-ups that say, "the long hair event has begun, get started now" but when I click on it, the whole thing disappears. I haven't even had the yes/no option to start the event come up. What do I do to start the event/make the option of starting the event show up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having this problem too ! I want those hairstyles really bad ...

      Delete
  4. I have completed the whole collection every row 4 times and not one hairstyle yet, just lp for completing the collection again... Still showing the pop up too for the hair, help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This isn't working for me, sims constantly on sewing machine cannot get last 2 very disappointing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me neither and time is running out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could not get the last 2. Nor did I get any of the hairstyles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a truly extraordinary challenge and ideally I can go to the following one. It was alot of fun and I truly had a ball.. hairstyles for women over 50

    ReplyDelete